K-12 Online Enrichment Program & Camp
Full STEAM Ahead: MSMS Online Enrichment Program
All K-12 students and teachers are invited to participate in The Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science free online enrichment program, Full STEAM Ahead.
Designed by MSMS faculty and students, this program features weekly and monthly virtual STEM and fine arts-related activities for students and their parents as well as teachers and their classrooms to participate in.
- NEW! Engineering in a Box- Moon Shot Edition: MSMS is calling all Mississippi students in 3rd-6th grade to participate in an Engineering Design Challenge from April 5-30! During this month-long challenge, students will get into teams to design their own small-scale catapults. Each team will be sent a box containing all of the materials needed to complete the project. Throughout the challenge, schools will be given access to videos created by MSMS students that explain the Engineering Design Process, how things launch through Action and Reaction physics, as well as other important ideas and concepts to support the brave designers throughout the challenge.
- Math All-Stars: MSMS students and faculty are hosting a 5-week, math-inspired Zoom series for 1st-9th graders. If your student or class is waiting for a true challenge, join us virtually every Wednesday to participate! Students can register individually, or teachers can register their entire class for this enrichment experience.
- Teachers can earn up to 1.5 CEU credits for participating in this course.
- To view previous Math-All Stars Sessions, click here.
- Weekly Wednesday Workout: During this 25-minute virtual session, MSMS students will lead 1st-6th graders through mathematical problem sets based on their grade level standards. Students can register individually, or teachers can register their entire class for this enrichment experience.
- Bio-Inspired Design (AVAILABLE SPRING & FALL SEMESTER): During this 25-minute virtual session, 3rd-6th graders will learn how engineers observe nature to derive inspiration for engineering designs. Students will then be challenged to use what they’ve learned to create a design of their own. Students can register individually, or teachers can register their entire class for this enrichment experience.
- 3-D Design Challenge: During this 45-minute virtual session, 5th and 6th graders will use software to create 3-D designs. After each session, students will be issued a challenge that is due the following week. If students are not able to attend during the scheduled time, session recordings will be posted below. Students can register individually, or teachers can register their entire class for this enrichment experience.
Full STEAM Ahead: MSMS Online Enrichment Camp
Faculty and alumni created Full STEAM Ahead: MSMS Online Enrichment Camp to inspire learners and promote exploration in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. This unique camp experience will allow a community of like-minded students to connect and grow during the summer through online and interactive lessons, virtual meetings and discussion boards, and hands-on activities.
Participants need a device (computer, iPad, smart phone, etc.) and reliable internet access to complete this online course.
There are a limited number of scholarships available to students who qualify for free/reduced lunch. You can request financial assistance on the application.
Students will access all camp lessons and activities online, participate in zoom meetings with their camp counselor and connect with other campers through interactive discussion boards. Students will also submit lessons and receive feedback from camp instructors.
2021 Online Camp Information
The Middle School Summer Enrichment Camp will be held July 5-16, 2021. Rising 7th and 8th graders are eligible to participate.
The High School Summer Enrichment Camp will be held July 5-16, 2021. Rising 9th and 10th graders are eligible to participate.