The Class of 2024 Application is now closed.
To begin the admissions process, all 10th grade applicants must create a SchoolAdmin account and complete an online form providing their demographic information, household information, and school information. When that form is submitted, the MSMS application checklist will appear on the main page of the applicant’s SchoolAdmin account to track the following application requirements:
- Proof of Residency – Upload two documents that verify your Mississippi residency.
- Activities & Accomplishments – Provide a comprehensive list of your academic and extracurricular involvement and notable accomplishments during and since middle school.
- Personal Narrative – Explain your interest in STEM why you believe you are a good fit for MSMS. (500-750 words)
- Student Essays – Respond to two (2) essay prompts. You will be given four topics from which to choose. (500-750 words each)
- ACT Scores – Upload a copy of your official ACT scores. The document must show your full name, test, date, composite score, and subject scores in English, Reading, Science, and Math. MSMS does not require the Writing test. For information about ACT dates, visit https://www.act.org/content/act/en.html.
- *Math Teacher Recommendation – Provide the full name and email address of a teacher who taught you math in 8th, 9th, or 10th grade. Your teacher will receive an email instructing them to complete the Math Teacher Recommendation form online.
- *Science Teacher Recommendation – Provide the full name and email address of a teacher who taught you science in 8th, 9th, or 10th grade. Your teacher will receive an email instructing them to complete the Science Teacher Recommendation form online.
- *General Recommendation – Provide the full name and email address of any unrelated adult who has had direct, significant, and meaningful, interaction with you within the last 2 years, such as: a teacher of any subject, scout leader, coach, pastor, job supervisor, community service supervisor, club advisor, student government advisor, performance arts director, or school principal. Teachers who submit this form must have taught you during 8th, 9th, or 10th grade.
*HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS – If you are home schooled by a parent/guardian, you do not have to submit the math or science teacher recommendations. Instead, home school applicants must submit three (3) General Recommendations.
School Counselor Information
At the end of December, all new and existing applicants will see the following checklist items in their SchoolAdmin account, all of which must be submitted by the applicant’s school counselor:
- Counselor Information Form
- 8th/9th/10th Grade Transcript
- 10th Grade Class Schedule – Second Semester
- Additional Documentation (as needed)
When the semester is completed, applicants will be asked to provide the name and email address of their current school counselor, and that counselor will receive an email asking them to submit the Counselor Information Form and upload the applicant’s transcript(s) and second semester class schedule.
These documents should not be submitted before the end of fall semester, and they must be uploaded by the counselor via SchoolAdmin. Documents sent via email, fax, or U.S. mail will not be accepted.
MSMS utilizes the SchoolAdmin platform to collect all applicant information and records. Application materials submitted via email, fax, or U.S. mail will not be accepted without prior approval by the MSMS Coordinator for Admissions. Once a student has started an electronic application, they will receive periodic updates on their completion progress and remaining items.
If you have trouble navigating SchoolAdmin or have any questions about the admissions process, contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662-329-7687.