The Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science utilizes an electronic admissions process through a system called SchoolAdmin. Click here to get started on your application today!
Once you create an account, you will be added to our admissions database and will receive regular communication from the school regarding the admissions process, upcoming deadlines, and step-by-step instructions to complete the application.
Please note, if you create an account through SchoolAdmin prior to the release of the application, you will not yet be able to access the application; however, you will receive a notification via email when the application is available.
Class of 2023 Application Information
Prospective students MUST complete all aspects of the application, including:
- applicant information page
- school information page
- resume (detailing extracurricular and volunteer activities)
- personal narrative
- two short essay prompts
- ACT score (If you are not able to submit your ACT score or registration information before Feb. 18, we will work with you to secure an alternate ACT date.)
- four teacher/counselor recommendations (These recommendations must be from one mathematics teacher, one science teacher, one additional teacher or administrator, and one school counselor.)
- full transcript from the student’s 9th grade year
- first semester report card from the student’s 10th grade year
Prospective students may track their application progress through the SchoolAdmin checklist on the student’s dashboard. When all application items have been received, the completion bar at the top of the screen will display 100% completed.
Once a student has started an electronic application, they will receive periodic updates on their completion progress and remaining items. Additionally, all prospective students who have started an application will receive regular phone calls and emails from student ambassadors to answer any questions regarding the admissions process or life at MSMS.
If you have trouble navigating SchoolAdmin or have a question regarding the admissions process, please contact our Admissions Team by email at email@example.com or by phone at (662)-329-7687.